9.2.07

Houston, TX, june 14th 2003

Driving to Houston was probably one of the scariest things I've ever done. It was supposed to take us about 6 hours to drive from Louisiana but there was a giant piss down from the sky. In other words, it was raining like there's no tomorrow. I could not see through the windscreen AT ALL. There were spectacular thunders breaking the air and my nerves too. It got dark and it got worse. We got really lost in the highway and I told the girls I wasn't taking responsability for everyone's lives and I wouldn't drive any further. We don't even have car insurance. So we decided to spend the night in the first motel we found on the road.

Forgot to say that last show in New Orleans our backstage access was granted for the rest of the shows. Very cool. For some reason today we were asked to wear a "side stage" sticker besides our usual backstage pass. I think it was because of the radio contest winners who got side stage passes and somebody mixed us up with them. The difference was that they were being chaperoned and we were goign around in free will.
Groupies? Me, Maura and Geli striking a pose on stage
It was beautifully hot and sunny, so today we were hanging out in the outdoors zone of the backstage area when the tour buses arrived. I saw John and Anthony and Louie getting off their bus but didn't even attempt to approach them. Maura is really worried we're going to come off as groupies, so we have stayed away. As if... Whatever.
I felt so weird though. John walked right next to me and I didn't even say hi. Anthony took his grey backpack from the lower part of the bus where they carry the lugagge and they headed for the door into the indoors part of the backstage area. Then Louie turned around and I waved at him and Anthony saw me as he was disappearing into the door and stepped back and looked at me. My heart stopped beating again. But I am already getting used to the feeling of my life scaping away for a few seconds and I think I like it.

Set list:

Actually getting into Snoop Dogg, not like I have a choice after listening to him every night. Geli already knows what he's going to say, same thing every night, but i find it so funny, Geli can lip synch to Snoop's speech already.
As for me, I find it hilarious, really like the "Smoke weed, get drunk and fuck" song, and the whole audience repeating after him. "I'm gonna get fucked uuuuuuuuup" and "Snoop motherfucker Snoop motherfuckeeeeer" are the other ones that I can sing along to. Deep philosophy behind those words. In the beginning Geli seemed to be pretty offended by his rather misogynous lyrics, but now she just laughs about it and we're actually thinking of even buying the CD. Maybe it was the influence of the weed smoke cloud that he and his whole crew leave on the stage when they leave. And maybe that's why I can't remember anything else about this show or wrote any other notes about it.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Hi! I truly enjoy reading this and you are blessed to have experienced this. However it kills me knowing I'd probably never see them play live, my favorite band with no 'chili fans' around me it's just sad