2.2.07

Atlanta, GA, june 8th 2003




For some reason I don't have enough record of this show, except a lot of notes of the people working there -the roadies, that is -.
The drive from Charlotte to Atlanta was so incredibly fun. It was soo amazing, I was driving in the freeway and there was this huge red truck honking at me and I got all pissed off because I was doing nothing wrong. But then I looked at the truck driver and it was a RHCP truck.
It was Nick, so funny, we stopped at the side of the highway and talked to him for a bit. He had fallen asleep and the rest of the drivers left without him. He was making fun of us because Beverly took her own car and had Maura with her and we had ours, so he said that next time he’d run into us we were going to be a convoy following the band.
When we got to Atlanta the 4 of us checked in this Best Western hotel that Beverly had booked and had such a cool dinner at IHOP (the International House of Pancake, although we tried to figure out what's so international about it).
Then we went back to the hotel and had some beers and some funky special cigarettes. Ahem .So funny. Beverly brought this Chili Peppers light bulbs that we used to decorate our hotel room. We had the most amazing Chili talk I've ever had with anyone. It's just amazing to talk with people who feel your own passion. Usually at home I have nobody to do Chili talk with, none of my friends care and my dad hates Anthony already. Oh well...

I wasn't sure whether we could use the backstage passes again, so Maura-who-is-traveling-with-us hooked us up, and got us these "guests" stickers, because it so happens that she's so bloody well connected that she has "work" access for all the shows (she gets a "working" sticker from somebody of the crew. And the best part is that she doesn't work.)
And we actually didn't need our tickets to enter the gig, so we exchanged our tickets for some US dollars just outside the venue, only the exact same amount we paid for them, and we used the money to put some gas instead.

This time Beverly came backstage too, so it was awesome to watch the show with Chili sisters, because Geli couldn't care less, although she really started to get into the music, so for a change I saw the show with actual Chili Pepper girls, just like me, and we sang and danced and jumped and had the greatest time ever.
The cutest thing was Anthony dropping the microphone and he threw himself on his knees to the floor all clumsyly to pick it up, and pretended he did it on purpose. He's such a glow of beauty.
While on the stage, Flea came very close to us because we were standing right behind his tech. Flea's body smell is just so strong. We could smell him from a few meters away. God how I love this band.

What was really cool was when I arrived at the backstage area. Chad was there, sitting by the sun, chatting to the crew, but I refrained from going up to him because I didn't want to bug him and wanted to respect his space. But everyone was just so nice. Louis saw me and said "hi sweetie" and kissed me very European style (2 kisses) and gave me a hug too. What a lovely man. Then Dave L. came out and hugged me too and said he would talk to me later. Also Sam waved at me and said "Hi Barbara", then it was Martin, my official set list provider, ever so nice, and Tim, whose name I keep forgetting. Tim remembers me from Europe too (he gave me the setlists from Helsinki and Turku) and he was all smiles to me. Aren't I the popular one?It was a very cool show. Martin was going to save the set list for me but I left and I forgot it. So no set list for Atlanta.

2 comments:

rjrumfh said...

OMG...I forgot about the incident when Anthony dropped his mic...that was so halarious how he played that off...kinda like when you're walking and you trip youself and look around to see if anyone saw it. I know what you mean about "Chili friends"..same boat here...not too many around who are totally into them like me, but I have my small circle of people who I call my RHCP sisters and brothers...and Barbie...it so nice to know you are one of them...warms my heart...thanks again for the post...nice memories of Raleigh, Charlotte & Atlanta

Young_Kentucky_Girl said...

Hey! I didn't know you went to Atlanta too and that we could have met thrice. :( Bad John. Still love you though ;)