19.1.07

West Palm Beach, FL, June 2nd 2003

Note from the author: the scan of the ticket to come soon as I will need to scan it again.

Today it was my birthday and I day-dreamt of Anthony singing happy birthday Marilyn Monroe style.
The day started quite promising, we arrived early to the venue and we met the roadies just outside the backstage entrance. They were hanging around in their bycicles, enjoying the sunny Florida heat and talked to us for a bit and I asked them if they could find Dave for us. And that's how we met Nick, one of the drivers, and he's just so cool and funny.
We met Sam(the young-young video tech who remembered me from the airport in Sweden), and I have to say that he is defenitely the one enjoying all the royalties that being a roadie can give (in Stockholm he left the venue together with two mega blondes) .
Then Dave said he had heard I was out there and came out to greet us.

He was most definetely surprised to see me and he didn't seem to be too impressed about my stupid little present, although I brought a few gifts for the band and for some other crew members too. So I guess there went my backstage pass because we weren't in the guest list, although we were told by the other roadies that our names were going to be in it.

Maybe that got me down and that's why the show was the least I've ever enjoyed. I was standing in the VERY ass of the Sound Advice amphitheatre. What a crap venue! people with seats were all the way in the front and people with General Admission (like me) had to stand on a hill on the grass behind all those seating people.

Anyways, the best surprise of the show was "breaking the girl", then I cried to "I could have lied". So beautiful. Did I mention the venue was crap? And to extra crap me, something crawling in the grass bit me badly on my toe and kept itching all night long. I was just expecting a dog to pass by and pee on me.
Anthony introduced the "Kiedis colony", all of his family was there, then John said hello to his grandparents, and Anthony thanked John's grandpa for giving birth to John's dad, so he could give birth to John. How cute.
Blah

No comments: