24.1.07

Orlando, FL, June 3rd 2003

The backstage passes through my nose, again, twice!! . But we got a pretty amazing sitting spot because we cheated and changed places, and went to sit on one side of the stage, above the crew. The security people went down to chase us but we said we were waiting for our backstage passes and they left us alone.
Sam saw me and came and said he was looking for me and asked me if my name was on the list. We didn't even check but my guess was that it wasn't. Then he said he was going to take care of us, but we saw him going up to some guy and his gesture was a no way entry. Then Sam said he couldn't do anything, but in his kindest attempt brought this very sweet girl (who later we'd found out her name was Sathari) who asked me if we were going to follow the tour the whole 3 weeks, so I said yes, and she asked me if I wanted backstage passes, and I said "that would be very nice". But then she went up to the same guy again and it got totally fucked for good. She never came back with any passes of any sort. What the hell...

It was an AMAZING GIG ,Anthony was so happy and making faces and laughing. Great mood.
I'm sorry but Snoop Dog is shit. And Geli was very offended by his misogynous lyrics.
I was hopingto see the Mars Volta, who were supposed to open for this part of the tour but yesterday talking to Nick the driver, he said they cancelled all the shows because Jeremy died. OD he said. That was really awful and sad to hear.
Flea got really pissed off at this dude who was being rude to a girl and literally told him he was a "fucking coward and a pussy" and that he should get the fuck out of the show. He was so angry, and everyone started clapping and cheering.
Anthony was unbelievable, he jumped over Flea and when he landed he rolled majestically over the floor.This was so much better than West Palm Beach, I think that indoors venues are the best for the Peppers. I love Anthony.

John kicked ass, it's really cool to see him contortion as if he were the Super Plastic Man. At the enchore, he went and sat on a corner for Under the Bridge and this blond chick touched the tip of his shoe, which he stretched so she could touch it. Sooo sweet!

Flea came back walking on his hands for the encore. They all were in such a great mood. I think Anthony is getting some physical problems, he doesn't jump as much as in the beginning of the tour, and he went to take the oxygen mask again several times and put his feet on top of a small stool. At the end of the show this guy from the crew was staring at me and I thought that he remembered me from Scandinavia, because I remembered his face, but I just don't know his name. He was so sweet, he came up to me and gave me the set list of the show, and again, without me even having to ask.

This is just getting worse and worse, what the fuck am I doing here? I'm exhausted, and I'm not even half way through. Tomorrow we're driving to Raleigh and we're meeting Beverly who is a beautiful lady who’s giving us shelter in her Charlotte home in the heat of this tour madness , so that's pretty exciting.

No comments: