30.1.07

Raleigh, NC, june 5th 2003


This show is one of the best I have ever seen!!
They actually sang Sir Psycho Sexy at the encore after Under the Bridge, and "They're red hot" as the final song, although they changed it from the original set list (yep, I got another one ).
Originally they were going to sing power of equality. But I loved that they changed it.

The crowd was amazing, They also sang Breaking the girl and I could have lied. I've never been happier with a set list! I was almost crying in my emotion, so perfect. I was sitting not so far away, but far from being on the best spot.
No success therefore, getting backstage though. I ran into Dave while I was on my seat and he stopped to say hi, and then went on. Then I met this other guy, Martin, (now I know his name) who was the one giving me the set list yesterday in Orlando. He remembered me from yesterday, but he said he didn't remember me from Europe, which was why I though he had given me the set list in the first place. He's so nice, he spotted me on my seat, stopped by and then asked me if I was following them , so he was a bit shocked when I told him that we were following the tour. I asked him about the girl who had offered us the passes yesterday, and asked her name. It sounds so much like "she's a hottie", so that's what we call her now because I didn't get the actual name. I asked Martin to save me a set list, but at the end of the show I went up to the front while everyone was picking up all the stuff and asked Dave to pass it to me which he kindly did. We went to the gig with Beverly, this amazing girl I met in OHG, and after the show we met this other girl in the parking lot who just jumped into our car and when she found out we are doing the whole tour asked us if she could join us. She's quite young, I think 19, but seems fun, so we said hell yeah!
Beverly is such an angel, a beautiful sweet human being. Yesterday, after the 10 hour drive from Orlando, we came into her house and she fed us and gave us such a good place to sleep. She showed me stuff I had never seen before like Madonna and Anthony dancing together. We watched it until late. She's such a sweetheart. She told me to pick some of her Chili Peppers videos so she can make copies for me. So we all (Beverly, Geli, Maura the girl and I) drove back from Raleigh to Charlotte after the show, it's 345 am, and tomorrow is the Charlotte show. The good thing is that we're already here and we can actually get up late rather than the usual 7 am get up and drive thing. But I feel like I can't do this anymore.

3 comments:

rjrumfh said...

Ah yes...the first RHCP I ever recorded and Bev was sitting 2 seats over from me. Geez Barbie...how did I miss out on meeting you on that date...little did I know how famous you were becoming :) I remember half way through their set a guy comes flying over the seats behind us almost knocking Bev & I down...we were so into the show we didn't know a scuffle had broken out behind us. And yes...the next night in Charlotte I was on the front row. Keep em coming Barbie..enjoy your recollections...thanks for taking the time to post...rjrumfh :)

Young_Kentucky_Girl said...

My dear rjrumfh ;)

I can't believe I missed you either. After all you're the Key Master to the biggest Louvre museum of RHCP bootlegs there is around in this world. I'll keep the secret and die with it. One day we will meet, I am sure of that. And I will still the Key and all those precious 1983 and beyond bootlegs. ;) Much love.

Young_Kentucky_Girl said...

I meant steal, not still :p