18.1.07

West Palm Beach, FL, June 1st 2003

From : Dave Lee
Sent : Monday, March 31, 2003 4:07 PM
To : *************
Subject : Hi Sweetie
Inbox
Hi Barbara,
It's me Dave Lee (Guy of John)
I'm home now and was just thinking about you.
I was trying to remember exactly what it was that you said to me when you said good bye to be at the airport. It was very nice.
I hope your having fun. Hope to see you soon,

Dave


The day after I was back to London I got an e mail from Dave Lee. I don’t even remember what I said when we were saying good bye at the airport. But it must have been nice. “Hope to see you soon. Hope to see you soon” It was an echo in my head. Hmmm.

So somehow, two months later I found myself in Florida with my friend Geli from Germany. How could I explain to my family and friends the fact that I came to the States to follow a rock band for 3 weeks? Not many people understood, and to tell the truth I didn't want to bother explaining.

Anyways, we arrived at the West Palm Beach International airport and went to the Avis Rental place. Man, we have such a nice car, air conditioning, but most importantly the vital CD player. The funniest thing was the man in the Avis desk. Such a sweet man, he was a black man around 50 years old. He asked us what were we doing in Florida all the way from Mexico, and I just replied: "Do you know the Red Hot Chili Peppers?" he said "The WHAT?". "The Red Hot Chili Peppers" I repeated. "Chili Peppers? Oh no madam, I never take that" and he rubbed his stomach.

I am so very tired, I don't know how I'm going to manage to do this for 3 entire weeks. I don't feel excited yet, it's strange. I just feel numb. The air is so heavy, hard to breath with all the humidity.
The whole morning was very hot and sunny and suddenly it started to get cloudy and next thing you know, there is this HUGE thunderstorm. It was pissing an Ocean. Geli and I were watching it sitting inside our Motel room and then I started feeling soooo happy that I jumped BAREFOOT into the thunderstorm and started jumping and dancing. It was such a feeling of freedom.


Then I was completely soaked and had a hot shower and changed my soaked clothes into dry ones. Then just like that, the sun came out again, the calm after the storm, and Geli and I relaxed drinking beer, smoking cigarettes, talking about our dreams and feeling the Sun in our faces till it went down.

Geli (left) and I re-arranging the world
I am nervous though, I don't know how they will react if they see me around again, and even more, when I tell them that I will be following the whole 2nd leg of the American tour. Maybe they think I'm a psycho fan. I am anxious. I want to vomit. I want to go back home. Did I actually completely loose it this time? Is my head completely fucked now? What am I really doing? Shit.

The schedule looks like this: Tomorrow the West Palm Bach show, then:

03 June 2003 Orlando
05 June 2003 Raleigh
06 June 2003 Charlotte
08 June 2003 Atlanta
11 June 2003 New Orleans
14 June 2003 Houston
16 June 2003 Dallas
21 June 2003Albuquerque, NM

That's 9 shows. But we're skipping some dates because I guess I'll need to rest from all the driving since Geli won't drive, and somehow I don't think it makes much sense, at least to me, to drive back and forth. I wonder who did this schedule, so we're skipping:

10 June 2003 Shreveport
13 June 2003 San Antonio
18 June 2003 Oklahoma City
20 June 2003 Denver

I wanted to go to Oklahoma but didn't get any tickets for that show, so no Oklahoma. Oh God...

No comments: