31.3.07

Albuquerque, NM, june 21 2003 (part 3)

B:There's a question you might not like but I'm just really really curious.
JF:Yeah
B: Why aren't you playing any One Hot Minute songs?
JF: Why, because you like that album a lot?
B: No, I'm just really wondering, not because I like that particular album, it's just something that I've been really wondering
JF: Right, well, I've never listened to the album. What I have heard I didn't like.
B: What did you hear?
JF: Like, the songs on the radio I heard like, whatever the singles were, I know there was a couple points when I was in the car and I heard it on the radio
I guess I heard the fast one and I heard "My friends". The fast one "Warped", is that what it's called?
B: Yeah, that was the fast one.
JF: So, you know, I don't like either of those songs when I heard them and nobody seems to be offended by that I don't like them, they don't seem to be so
crazy about the album themselves, and you only got so much time on the set to play your music and you know (smiling) maybe if the set was like 50 hours long
I'd do a One Hot Minute song, and the thought for me of me going up there and playing Dave Navarro's guitar parts is just a joke. I mean, not that they'd
expect me to... they'd say you know, do your own thing, you don't have to do what he's doing but like, I don't wanna hear it, you know, I mean you don't
wanna look at your ex boyfriend having sex with somebody... if you got back together with your boyfriend would you wanna see pictures of him having sex
with the girl he was with before you? in between? (smiling so much)
B:Not really! (laughing)
JF: Well, I guess that's how it is for me, I just don't want to listen to that album (laughs)


NOTE: This interview still continues and I am sorry it's taking me so long to post the whole thing.
Right now I have to catch my plane, I am flying to Australia for some shows there. I'll see you there Aussies!! Sorry I left it unfinished again. I promise the rest is really worth the wait.

Bye!!

6 comments:

Unknown said...

I am very much looking forward to the next part, excellent interview!

Anonymous said...

Your blog is great I really enjoy it. It's really cool your coming out to australia to see them perform, im from oz! I tell you what, it would be really great to meet the peppers like you get to do. I'm going to all but one of the shows in australia. I'm a 19 year old guy who surfs, plays guitar and goes to uni and I really really love the chili peppers. Do you want to hang out? I could show you around my country and you could introduce me to your friends!

Young_Kentucky_Girl said...

Hey Adam, I'll be in the Adelaide show and a couple of Melbourne. Look me out :) I'm only going with my friend Ken and some friends of his, but sure we could hook up.Let me know how I can contact you or e mail me to youngkentuckygirl@hotmail.com

And thanks Alex :)

Anonymous said...

Hi.
I just wanted to leave you a comment after reading the whole tour diary.

This is possibly one of the greatest places on the internet, I really enjoyed reading this. I saw the Chilies in Copenhagen in December, and it was a really great experience to me. Reading some of your posts were like being in that venue again. I almost cried after reading the interviews, cause it is just so beautiful and full of love. I admire your hard work, you really deserved to meet the band.

Thank you :)

Jason said...

Hi Barb, its me Jason from Adelaide. Sorry I didn't say good bye. I didn't realise that you were leaving so soon.

I would like to get some of your photos if that is possible. Check out my site www.rhcpaustralia.com for some audios from the parts of the tour I attended.

Hope we meet one day again in the future, you are an amazing person and would like to converse more.

Thanks for this blog
Jason

Young_Kentucky_Girl said...

Hey Jason! It was really nice to meet you, you're great :) adn it was so much fun to hang out with all of you, Graham is a lovely man too, tell him I'll e mail him when I get home. I have a few pictures too, I'll send you whatever you need when I arrive to the UK.

Thanks for dropping by and I hope sometime, somehow we meet again. Possibly in the 2010 rhcp tour :)

love,
Barbara