17.11.06

Turku, Finland, March 25th 2003

Hmmm. I might have totally lost it. After Helsinki my ex said that Turku, a place which I had never heard of, was only 2 hours away, and since I was already in Finland... well, I felt like I had to go.

I got to know a lot of people there, I got to talk to some funny Finnish teenagers, one of the crew’s bus drivers, who actually gave us a beer and talked to us for a while, then he brought the guitar tech and we talked for a bit and he said he remembered me from Las Vegas, but I think he was just trying to be nice. Then before the concert I talked to Tim, who I think is a carpenter or something?, because he came up to me and said "you were at the show yesterday" and I told him from my sitting spot (which was the best, just like in Helsinki): "you got a haircut!" because he was one of the people I had talked to in Las Vegas, and he said he also remembered me. At this point I wonder if they think I'm nuts. This is the actual set list (of which I have a copy of that the amazing Tim passed to me after the show, and gave me the Helsinki list from the previous day without me having to ask for it!!). He's pretty cool!


I have to say that I didn't enjoy the show that much, besides the fact that I was the only person dancing and everyone was just seating. I couldn't believe it. The gig was lazy, truly, it's the first time I get this impression. Anthony didn't seem that excited either, I wonder if it was because of the audience. On a more exciting note, they played Warm Tape! I love that song.
Flea jumped on top of a speaker right in front of me and maybe it was my imagination, but I think he was dancing with me because he just stood in front of me and I was dancing and standing while everyone else by that side was sitting down....I guess it's kind of nice that some of the crew can recognize me now, although I'm not sure that's a good thing.

No comments: