11.11.06

London, UK, March 9th 2003

When we drove back to Mexico from Las Vegas I saw a "sign form heaven" (hahaha) I saw the A for Anthony drawn in the sky by misterious forces. So I followed and it led me back to London. In the picture above you can see my finger pointing at the A.After a little law breaking incident, which I’m not going to bother mentioning, I got no success in finding the Peppers in London. David, my Italian flat mate said that he had seen the Peppers before right next to our flat, which happens to be the Four Seasons Hotel, which actually made a lot of sense because the hotel is in the Docklands, very close to the venue. So I went to the lobby and had the most expensive little cup of coffee of my entire life, and I sat there for a long while to see if anything was happening. I felt so stupid, London is just sooo big.
I asked one of the waiters, and of course, nobody knew. Right. And suddenly, a whole bunch of huge men walked into the hotel. And of course it wasn’t the Peppers but the whole Arsenal football team. And I don’t like football, or know the players, except for Seaman, who became so popular after the World Cup because he was crying when England lost some game. Anyways, I saw Seaman and I asked him if he had seen Anthony Kiedis around, and he looked like "What??!!!!". I don’t think he knew who he was, and obviously noticed I was taking the piss, but he said no anyways, and ignored me and went on his way. I also saw Marlon Brando walking around Covent Garden, and I was tempted to ask, just for fun actually. London is a good spot to run into celebrities, except for the Peppers. So they weren’t in the Four Seasons and took the tube to Green Park and looked in the Ritz. I was so completely clueless. And I failed to find them, so I just had to be happy to be able to see the show in the very first row. I was so proud of myself, I finally learnt how to avoid the neck injuries of the head surfers: duck and cover your head. I was so happy! I remembered last time I had been right at the same spot in june, same arena, same Peppers, and I felt like my head was going to be ripped off. Still haven’t learnt to avoid the whole leg bruising. Maybe next time. I was right in front of Flea, and the show was just so incredible! I could actually breath and keep my spot during the whole show.I tried to get noticed somehow, not by flashing anyone (which seems to be a pretty common technique in those massive events) but just trying to hold some kind of eye contact with the people working around, but there were about 18,000 people in that place, so that was kind of impossible.

No comments: