25.9.07

Edmonton, Canada, October 27th 2003 (e-mail to close friends)



Subject:Damm
Sent:Monday,October 26th, 2003 8:48PM

When I got off bed this morning in Edmonton in a luxury room in a very nice hotel, I looked in the mirror in shock and I thought "Good Lord".
I am staying at the *********** hotel, same hotel the Peppers are staying at. It was this morning that I analyzed the situation after the events of last night. I went down to the lobby from the 6th floor where my room was. The elevator door opened to the marble tiles of the reception desk, and there was Louie, Flea and John Frusciante. I go up to Louie first thing and he seems happy to see me. So he hugs me and says "Barbara" and I completely forgot about Flea and John. Flea looks at me and says "good to see you again". He really meant it. And all I could say is "Is it?". I'm such an idiot sometimes.
Anyways, Louie forgot John and I already knew each other and introduces us, and John says hi, and I ask him "you don't remember me, do you?", and he says yeah, that I'm the girl that gave him the shirt and he apologized for how tired he was in June when we talked. What a sweet and amazing guy. He's such a child. So, they look like they're rushing and Louie says "We're going to the movies right now, do you want to come?" So next thing is that we're totally squashed in the taxi, I am in between John and Louie, Flea in the front seat and the girl who gave me the flight ticket to Canada for only 100 bucks, is on the other side next to Louie. We rush into the movie theatre and we go and see Kill Bill, the latest Tarantino movie. It was so great. Louie says we have to sit boy-girl-boy-girl-boy, so I sit in between John and Louie and Flea doesn't give a shit and sits in the row in front of us. And two very tall Edmontonians come and sit right in front of John and I, huge guys blocking the view, so John, logically, moves 10 sits to the left! It was so funny to see them watch the movie. Flea was screaming "holy shit" when the school girl was about to beat the shit out of the main actress whose name I just can't remember right now. The wife of Ethan Hawk. How could I forget her name... Anyways, at the end of the movie it was like being with small kids.The end credits start rolling and they sit fascinated watching them. And John points out to the screen and says "there he is", just like a little child, and I say "who?" and he says it's his lawyer. Louie comments how Hollywood people watch all the credits to see all of their friends names in the screen. So we take a cab back, after I had to stuck the enormous bag of pop corn up my ass because nobody wanted pop corn. So in the taxi Flea goes on how people in Japan are going to love that film because of the blond chick kicking ass. So I go up to the room, John is in the elevator with us, and we talked about something I can't remember, I step off on the sixth floor and he says "give me a hug" How sweet! I adore John, he's undescribably sweet. Then I want to go back because I have Flea's birthday present and Louie is coming down the hall. His room is just across ours, so he shows up into our room and then says that maybe we should go to his room because he might get phone calls. Of course all this time I was wondering where Anthony was, and as if Louie had read my mind he said that he stayed in Vancouver because he wasn't feeling well. But he's coming today. And then we hung out and I saw his kids pictures, such cute kids!, and drank water because he's a recovering alcoholic. So he asks how am I going to make it to Calgary next day and I say that I have no idea. So he says that they might be able to give me a ride, but he needs to ask the boys to see if that's fine with them. So then we all go to sleep. And I haven't seen Anthony yet. We're still in the hotel, the show will be in a few 6 hours. I can't wait. Heh, Louie said that John is not the most sexual person. How funny is that. Gotta go now. Barbie the girl

Subject: Re:Damm Sent: Monday, October 27, 2003 12:19 PM

Louie offered a ride to Calgary today. He called at 2 am to my room when I was sleeping, and then he says "oh, go back to sleep". Hmmm. Yesterday's show was incredible. Louie told me to wait in the hotel lobby at 5 before the show, so I figured, I am going to have a ride to the show. I did. I sat in John's and Anthony's tour bus (Flea goes in the other bus and Chad just flies) next to John who was lying on his bed playing the guitar and talking and telling me all kinds of nice things. It was like my own private JF serenade and it was rapture at its most. We entered the venue parking lot and there were this couple of girls with a "we love the RHCP" and started screaming like hysterical and John just bursted out laughing. Everyone laughed. When I arrived to the venue, Bill (the head of production) jumped all over me "What a fucking surprise Barbara!" (or something similar in a very funny Spanish). The guy hugged me like a puffy teddy bear, then it was Lisa, the production assistant, who I thought didn’t really like me. She was like "hiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii" and I just couldn't believe it. She was so nice, so I asked how her father was and she said that much better and thanked me for asking. Then we were just hanging out around, said hi to everyone and got fed. It's just so nice, I was going to buy something from the vending machine and Bill comes up and says "girl, girl, girl, there are plenty of drinks in the production office". Then he makes me come to his office and makes me sit to try his chair. It's a vibratig chair. Heh. Well, then I was inside the band's dressing room for a while but I decided to get out, and John comes after me and says "Barbara, you can stay here" but I tell him I've been around way too much, so he smiles and turns around. Anthony was going to arrive to the venue from the airport and I never saw him coming. But he was incredible at the show. It was such a good show. Today we're off to Clagary and Louie said he was going to ask the boys if it was ok to give me a ride. I can't believe it. And Flea is just a bit funny sometimes. Hmmm. Off to Calgary. Barbie the girl.


Next entry I will transcribe the bus conversation I had with John :)

To be continued.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Barb, Thanks for continuing the story. I can't wait to read the transcript of your conversation with John!

Anonymous said...

Hey Girl!
My name is Jere and Im from Croatia. Since you have good relations with RHCP I beg you to tell them to come play a show here in Croatia cause they have a lot of fans here who go to other countries to see them play. Go to Google, type "Croatia" and see for yourself just how my country is beautiful. Both you and RHCP would love to spend some time here. My mail is jere-p@net.hr , so let me know .. Ill be waiting for jour answer. Best regards!

Anonymous said...

Hey!
Another fan from Croatia here! Wow, it would be so amazing to see them play here, in Croatia one day... but for now we can only hope :(
Anyway, I love your posts, you're one lucky girl!!! Can't wait for your new post to read about your conversation with John...

Anonymous said...

this is just amazing
i wish I could live through everything you've gone through!
besos
mari (peru)

Anonymous said...

What an amazing story! :) Please upadate soon!

Anna

Anonymous said...

Ahhh.. where's the bus conversation.. :D ? This is like a cliffhanger, I need to hear the rest of this. THis is too amazing. :3 Please consider writing more. <3

lcrenovation said...

Its a wonderful post and very helpful, thanks for all this information. You are including better information regarding this topic in an effective way.Thank you so much.
https://www.lcrenovation.co.uk/house-extension-in-pimlico/
House Renovations in Pimlico